Hedge Fund Management, a Crash Course (Video)
Since we know the concept of hedge fund management can be complex, we thought an instructive step by step video would communicate the topic well.
After sorting through a large number of worthless hedge fund videos, we found a great tutorial on hedge funds by a senior editor at Marketplace.org. The best aspect of this video is the speaker uses a white board, and by doing so, he makes a complex concept very easy to follow.
For your ease of understanding, we have outlined the key points from this hedge fund video in the section below. Take a look, and if you want, follow along in order as you watch the video. As we all know, it helps to acknowledge the key points while we are in the process of learning.
Understanding Hedge Fund Investing & Managing
1. What does the Term Hedge Fund Really Mean?
2. Starting a Hedge Fund from Scratch
3. Hedge Funds have Rules for Accredited Investors
4. Hedge Fund Manager Invests its Own Capital First to Get it Started
5. Hedge Fund Manager Sets a High Minimum for Investors
6. Hedge Fund Collects a Large Amount of Capital from Investors
7. Hedge Fund Manager Locks Investors in, Defining Redemption Rules and Management Fees
8. Hedge Fund Manager Hedges by Investing in Various Types of Investments and Strategies
9. Hedge Fund Manager Gets a Loan, Leveraging the Amount Invested within the Hedge Fund
10. Overview of the Key Characteristics of Hedge Funds
11. Hedge Funds are in the News because of Infrequent Redemption and High Leverage
12. Hedge Funds can Always Change the Rules for Investors and Lock Up Money if it’s Reasonable
13. Panic from Volatile Markets Forced some Hedge Funds to Sell their Assets at the Wrong Time, Losing Profits
If you watch the entire video and understand the topics above, you should have a good grasp of hedge fund management. For your own sake, don’t be alarmed when you see the video is 10 minutes. In all reality, this is just as good as sitting in a classroom, and it’s far more convenient!
We hope you enjoy the video!
InsideTrade LLC Staff
Phone: (949) 444-2111