Private Equity Firms, Bad for the Economy? (Video)
We’ve provided this video to educate you on the facts of private equity, and its link to economies worldwide. Like any profitable investment market, private equity has been given unfair scrutiny by the media, creating a false stigma for the public. To help clarify these misconceptions, we’ve provided a video outlining the role of private equity in the Australian economy.
Let’s take a minute to review some key points before the video. It always helps to have something to read and watch at the same time.
Key Points in Private Equity Video
1. Private Equity Firms have Been Given a Negative Reputation as Vultures in the Economy
2. The Negative Focus on the Private Equity Market has been Misdirected and Unjust
3. Books like “Barbarians at the Gates”, Depicting Private Equity Firms as Heartless Animals, have Created a False Stigma for the Private Equity Markets
4. Critics of Private Equity Firms Focus on the Short Term Effects on Companies, and do not Understand Strategic Restructuring, which can Grow the Firm to Eventually Hire Even More
5. Across the Economy, the Private Equity Market Adds Jobs, Liquidity, Spending, and Opportunities for Long Term Growth for Countless Underfunded Companies
6. Some Companies are Best Suited for Private Equity Funding, Versus Going Public to Raise Money
7. The Media can Turn Concerns into a Negative Reputation since Private Equity is Involved in so Many Areas of the Economy
8. Private Equity Firms are becoming Less Private and More Transparent in Response to the Recent Financial Crisis / Media Attention
9. Any Market with a Threat Scares Price Down, which can Make it Very Profitable for Some Firms in the Private Equity Market
10. Private Equity Firms can Use the Current Credit Crisis as an Opportunity to Offer Lending and Buy into Undervalued Companies
Scroll down and press play to get started. We hope you enjoy the video!
InsideTrade LLC Staff
Phone: (949) 444-2111